Friday, May 04, 2007

Well It Started Off Good

The weekend was so wonderful and was fun! The weather was so nice and just having that taste of summer made it hard to go back to work. Saturday my friend and her daughter came over. I enjoy so much visiting with her and watching the girls play together. I thought it funny that Lydia all of the sudden become interested in toys she hadn't played with in months. But I like that the girls all know their names now and you can say "so and so is coming to play" and they know. I also learned that my friend and her husband are expecting a baby in November and I couldn't be more happy for them!! I spent the rest of the weekend cleaning the garage and the backyard. We have had a couple piles of misc. from working on the house just sitting in the back there. It was funny to have Paul help we were through cleaning it in about 10 minutes....so why we never did it before I don't know. We also went to my dad's and played baseball with a tennis ball and tennis racket and then also played a lot of frisbee. We have been very excited because we have been making plans to buy our house. I just wrote a whole lot of angry things so I am just going to spare you from it, but let's just say things were going good and now they aren't so good and I don't know what God is trying to tell us when it comes to buying this house. I won't even get started at work. I was almost in tears yesterday. So it's just been a tough week. Mayme and Lydia have been so good though. I showed Lydia a picture of a watch and asked her what it was and she called it a "daddy clock" since Paul wears one. Another good thing was that we celebrated Paul's birthday this week. We went out for dinner on Monday and ran across a friend of my nephew, Isaac. It is very awkward to have someone ask where you are from and you don't recognize the person. I was like...do I want to remember this person or not. Then when he said "You're Isaac's aunt".....that narrowed down people. He just reminded me I need to have a summer get together. We skipped a couple of years, but my nephew, Jake offered to make it a "real" party this year, but I prefer the more laid back style. I just have such a different group of friends. I have friends that are my age and my coworkers who are around 40, so I haven't been sure if merging the two would be fun, but I think so. I can't believe it's almost 9 on a Saturday morning and Mayme is still sleeping. Last night she started asking about where babies come from. I tried to turn the conversation, but we talked a little bit about it. Earlier this week Mayme missed the bus or I should say the bus missed her. She was late getting down there, but he didn't even stop. Just drove by so after school I said "So, I heard you missed the bus" and she replies "Yeah and dad was FREAKIN' mad." I was caught off guard so I said "What did you say?" "Dad was FREAKIN' mad" to which I replied "Yeah, let's not say that." "Oh, sorry mom. Dad was REALLY mad". She has decided she wants to marry Ryan again. She was so cute too because she asked me "What if I never get married....how would I have a baby?" She was very concerned she might not meet someone. Does this really start at 6? I think she is going to be like me in every way sometimes. I told her not to worry. She will find someone. Okay, I am done venting....I mean blogging for now. Looks like the weather is going to fit my mood this weekend. Dark and cloudy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home