Saturday, March 03, 2007

Snow days and weekends!

Well let's start with the exciting news! I got a four day weekend. We were all so thankful at work with a possible winter storm coming. First of all because we've only had one snow day this year and second of all we have a loooooooooong stretch until Easter break so it was nice to have a shortened week. We did get a lot of snow, but today the sun is shining and now I think I am okay with the thought of spring. I have been craving snow so badly. I almost went out and bought some snowpants for me because I wanted to go play in it. I actually went in to town Tuesday night and rented some more movies in case it snowed.

I have had such a hard time the last couple of weeks getting motivated to write or to find the time. Hard to believe Lydia is going to be turning 2 in a couple of weeks. Also hard to believe that today is my anniversary. My husband and I have been married seven years. Hard to believe a few years ago we were going through the divorce process. I wonder where I would have been now if that had happened....and to think we wouldn't have had Lydia makes me sad. Marriage is hard work and it's worth working at and I think this is where I am meant to be.

Mayme divulged to me last night that she is now "falling in love with Hunter". Another boy in her class and then she also told me she's been sneaking kisses to him during class when her teacher is not looking. So we had to have a talk about that. I asked her if he's kissed her and she said yes. She said she told him to kiss her in gym class and so he kissed her head. Oh, geez. It was funny because when we were leaving her school on Wednesday, Hunter was outside and he yelled way across the parking lot, "Hey May!" and when we got closer he threw a snowball at her. She just stood there staring at him and didn't want to leave. I had to drag her away. Now I guess I know why. (He is the first person outside of our family that I have ever heard call her May. It was quite cute.) So I asked her what about Ryan and she said he was still her bestest friend. Mayme last night drew a picture of her and Hunter getting married and she pointed out the sun was crying because it was so happy. It said on it" To: Hunter From:Mayme Your best wife. " Today she wanted to put make up on to look like the girls on tv.....so we had another talk about that as well. Growing up tooooooo fast!

Lydia is so good at going to sleep now....most of the time she is laying down saying Night to me before I even get a chance to say good night. That's a good thing too. She has known the colors for awhile, but was unable to match them with the actual color if I pointed to something, but she knows red, yellow, and green now. Her numbers also go 1,2,3,4,8,7,9,10. I think this is mostly because we have been playing hide and seek so she likes to pretend she is counting. She has the "ready or not here I come" part down. Right now we are watching "Walking with Dinosuars" and Lydia is calling all the dinosaurs "goofy guys". This is when I love my job. Snow days and weekends off!

1 Comments:

Blogger Monkeymama said...

Happy Anniversary!!! 7 years? Time flies,doesn't it!

I was thinking about snow pants today too. The snow here is just so white and fluffy looking. I'm glad I have a kiddo to drag me out there!

I can't believe Mayme is already in "love!" I guess we were all talking about things like that at her age... but, I have trouble believing it! It's very cute that she talks to you about it!

4:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home