Thursday, February 08, 2007

At Least She Can Try

The last few weeks have been cold and so I haven't been letting May outside to play. I feel bad because she is inside all day at school and then in right away at home although I rather like having her have ten fingers and toes that I don't feel too bad for her. Everyday it seems on the drive home that she asks if she can play outside. Yesterday was no different. Back and forth we went. She told me she had all her "supplies" so she woul be okay outside and I said no. I told her that arguing with me wasn't going to change my mind and she just nonchalantly says "I can try at least". It just made me giggle and I agreed. At least she could try. That kid I tell you. After supper I took Lydia's high chair tray off and she has some food on her pants and she replied with "Ewwww gross." Too funny, but I was impressed that when she got down she brushed off the food, grabbed the washcloth, and then wiped her pants where the food had been. For some reason tonight she kept saying "of course". We went to the library tonight (and I remembered the things I had to return) and then I thought I would cruise through the A+W and then we would head out to my dad's. I ordered up the food and got to the window and found out they don't take checks. I don't have a credit card or debit card and so we had to drive off without any supper. I felt so bad, but the girls were so good about it and Mayme was my supportor and making me feel good by telling me they should have put a bigger sign up or taken checks. :) Probably the best moment of the night was when Lydia was sitting on my dad's lap and she looked at him and said "Papa" and he looked at her and said "Lydia" and she just laid her head down on his chest. So sweet.

I just wanted to mention in her to that if you have a chance to check out my cousin's wife's page. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in August, but she wrote down her story and it is something to think about. Not just about cancer, but just about anything. If you ever feel something isn't right don't be afraid to push your doctor. http://www.tojenshealth.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home