Monday, February 05, 2007

It was so cold that.............

It was quite chilly this morning. -19 was what we started the day with. I was hoping for a late start. There were quite a few schools that were in areas where the temp was actually warmer and they were closed. Oh well. It made me feel like a true Minnesotan dealing with the cold. It was a good Monday. Always nice when it goes fast. I had to laugh because I got a paper cut on my hand and then made the mistake of putting hand sanitizer. I loved telling the kids that story because all of the sudden they all made the "Ooooh ouch" sound. After work I went and picked up Mayme and we were driving home and all of the sudden she said "So how was your day today mom?" I thought that was so sweet. Then she started copying me (this is when she reminds me she's a first grader). I had fun though trying to trick her. I would say "I want to go to bed early tonight mom with no games or stories." , then she would say it and I would say "You want to go to bed early tonight?" and she would get goofed up. Who's the adult??

My grandma celebrated her 89th birthday today. She mentioned that it's been a long life, but she sure doesn't know where it has gone. I guess that doesn't change. I am very thankful all that she has done for me, taught me, the influence she has been and how big a part of my life she has been. I love her dearly.

Tonight when I put Lydia to bed she didn't want to go so I asked her if she wanted an animal with her. She wanted her penguin and a garfield. Once I handed them to her she said "Okay, na night."

1 Comments:

Blogger Monkeymama said...

Your Grandma called my parents' house on that Friday of our play date, hoping to catch you before you went home. Her voice really brought back the memories!

Stay warm!!

7:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home