Sunday, January 28, 2007

I Did It Mama!

Well Lydia refuses to act like she's 1 and is in such a hurry to grow up. I have never heard "I did it Mama" or "Let me try Mama" so much as this weekend. It was a great weekend I must start off by saying. Friday I got to have a playdate with a friend and her daughter. I put playdate in bold because it was such a fun, fun, thing! It made my day. It was quite fun to watch the girls play and also see my friend and visit. It was a gorgeous day on Friday and after the playdate I had to run into town and get groceries and quick race home before my husband had to leave for work. Later on in the day the girls and I went over to my dad's which was real nice because we haven't been there hardly at all. Mayme decided to take a flashlight and look under my dad's stove in the back room. She found a marble, two bouncy balls...one of which was mine when I was a kid, a bulb from an old camera, and an old pixie stick wrapper. She was so excited to find these "discoveries". I told her there is a lot to discover at grandpa's house. It was pretty cute. From the moment we got to my dad's though Lydia was into everything. My dad said "Mayme is pretty trick, but I think Lydia is going to be a bit more tricky." Indeed. :) Saturday we bundled up and decided to go to the zoo. We have a membership so everything is free as long as we eat well before we go and don't give in to buying food there. We did well. We didn't buy any food or anything from the gift store. It was so cold! We were lucky that we got there an hour after it opened so we got a parking spot nearby, but still us and others going to the zoo were running to the door because the wind was just brutal. We spent all the time inside. It was so much fun because Lydia actually knew what some of the animals were and enjoyed looking at them. She really was into the monkeys. We went by the fishercat and Lydia didn't understand it was glassed and in and couldn't get her. She started backing away from the glass and was saying "Scared, scared." After she realized it couldn't come through the glass things went better. We ended with the monorail which Lydia almost had a meltdown on, but thankfully we kept her distracted enough until we were able to escape. haha! Her and Mayme were out like a light in the car. We spent the night watching a few movies we got at the library. Today has been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!! Mayme and Lydia were ready little helpers to take the sheets off the bed, vaccum, dust, pick up and other things. It made things a lot easier for me and they had fun which is perfect. Lydia surprised me by being able to get up on our rocking horse by herself. All of the sudden I heard her say "Look Mama, I did it" She then got off and repeated it again. Then tonight when I got her out of the tub and I was drying her off she started going potty and I was amazed she went over to the potty and sat down. She got a little in her potty chair, but mostly it was just on the floor, but she was so excited for that tiny bit in her chair and frankly so was I. Maybe she is capable of figuring it out so young??

I cannot believe February is almost here!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home