Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Nothin' Better

I swear there is nothing better than walking through the house and hearing Mayme say "Mom? I love you." I was just walking by her and she just said that which I am so blessed she does so often. Not for any reason other than just to say it. I've really tried to say it a lot so she knows a lot how much I love her. Lydia tonight too surprised me. I rocked her and then when I get up to put her in the crib I will sometime just swing with her a bit. Tonight she gave me a big kiss on the cheek. I put her in her crib and she wanted her "meow meow" that she like sto sleep with. I went an found it for her and when I brought it in I tucked her in and said "ok, na night" and she said "i lub you". That's the first time I have heard her say that. It's just been lootoo. I think it helps one of our cats name is Lovey and she always calls her lubby. So I told her I love her too and we went back and forth for a bit and then she said ok when she was ready to go to bed. I just wish every night was like that. Some nights she is just ready to go and others she wants to hang on. At least she let me sing to her. She was going through a streak for awhile when I would rock her and she would say "no sing" every time I started. Sometimes I would stop and other times I would basically tell her too bad. Tonight I asked "Can I sing to you tonight?" and she said mhmm.

sidenote: I am desperately trying to avoid cleaning the cat box, but to no avail I cannot avoid it any longer. ergh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home