Friday, December 29, 2006

Can it be?

I am so horrible at this I am thinking of ending it. I keep meaning to write and the time keeps slipping. I only have a million things I suppose I could write about. I will start with what a nice Christmas we had. The girls both really enjoyed the gifts they got. The girls have been cooking not stop for us in their play kitchen. We got Lydia a baby and a whole set of baby things. Crib, high chair, stroller and I was amazed to see Mayme play with the baby more than Lydia. She is still a bit of a girly girl after all. :) We had a lovely day off the Thursday before Christmas which I managed to get in and get the rest of my shopping done. It wasn't too crazy either except for the 40 minutes I spent trying to locate my husband and daughters. We must have constantly been circling eachother in the store. The 23rd we spent the evening at my mom and stepdad's with mye siblings, nieces, and nephews. It is always a nice time and my mom makes lasagna...it's about the only time I eat it throughout the year, but Mayme really likes it so I told her I would make some. Of course it has to be Grandma's recipe. We have fun giving white elephant gifts and this year I ran away with NSync Brittney Spears cd. My husband got a horrible Arnold Schwarzneggar (I'm sure I flubbed that up) dvd. Last year my nephew wrapped it up with matches so whoever got it could burn it, but apparently my brother watched and somewhat enjoyed it and then decided to give someone else the opportunity to watch it. I gave away a whole coffee can of socks that had no matches. I always wondered what to do with those. How long am I to hang on to them before giving up in the search. Sunday night we went to my dad's where the girls opened gifts followed by us going home and opening presents. We set out Christmas cookies and left Santa a glass to get his own milk because we didn't want it to get warm and then we went to bed. Mayme swore she heard bells last year so she was hoping she would hear them again. I was surprised to find myself up Christmas morning before Mayme. We saw santa had visited and more opening of presents occurred. We went to my dad's Monday night and then Tuesday had my mother-in-law over. We were very blessed for all the time we got to spend with eachother and the gifts that were given. The last couple of days I have been taking it easy. Friday we got to go to a birthday party for a very special monkey. It was such a fun time!! The birthday girl was adorable and it was nice to see her mom and dad. On the way home he girls both slept the whole ride home and Mayme actually slept for about another 2 hours once we got home. It takes a lot to tire her out. The last couple of days we went to see a couple of movies. We took May to see Night at the Museum which we loved. It was simple, but fun. We also took her to see Charlotte's Web. It was good, but I still love the book first and cartoon second. It's hard to look at Dakota Fanning and see Fern. Well that's enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home