Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Has it been so long?

Well it feels like it's been forever since I've written. I seem to want to wait until the most peaceful time of the day to write, but have not found that yet so I have decided to just write now. M is at the table having some madarin oranges and L is down at my side wanting to type on the computer. I have had several cute stories I've been trying to keep in my mind for when I would get a chance to write. Like M getting the hiccups and saying "Hey Mom, I got the pickups" or this weekend when I was taking pictures of M and L and I said to L "Say cheese" and she said "Logna" for bologna. Bologna and cheese sandwiches are a big thing at our house. M read her first real book to me the other night. One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. In the past she has been frustrated to read and I have had a hard time getting her excited about it, but when she read the first few pages I told her that was good and she could stop, but she said "Mom, I want to keep going". Last night I thought I would try again and I said do you think you can read me Green Eggs and Ham? and she said "You bet your bottom I will!". They have been working on addition problems which she is doing well with and now they have been dealing with subtraction which suprisingly is doing good at. I was always horrible at it. So I am very proud of her. She made it through this whole month without any color changes for behavior issues so this weekend we are going to the pumpkin patch that is nearby where we live. The deal is if she goes all year without a color change we will spend the night in a hotel and go to chuck e cheese. Or we will take a trip to Kansas City, spend the night and dine at the new T-Rex/dinosaur theme restaurant opening up that is owned by the same person who owns the rainforst cafe at the mall of america. It looks really amazing. That gives us a good reason to visit cousin Isaac too. L is getting into so much. The other day I ran upstiars quick to wake up my husband and I heard L whining which he sometimes does when she wants help with something. So I went downstairs and she was sitting on top of her highchair. I have no idea how she got on top of it without it tipping over. Angels were watching her....yet again. With M we used spankings which were effective, but for L I've been trying timeouts which seems to be working fairly well too. M is busy with dance and we got a thing about girl scouts. I think we are going to wait until next year to have her do that, but we are thinking about putting her in Tae Kwon Do classes. We shall see. So things are going good. I am eagerly awaiting MEA and Halloween. Of course Thanksgiving and Christmas too...along with my birthday. Fall usually isn't my favorite time of the year, but this year I am pretty excited about it. Well that is all for now. Time to get back to the cleaning and homework.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home