Monday, August 28, 2006

Hi Ho Hi Ho

Well today was technically my first day back at work although I didn't hardly work. (and I don't have to be back again until the 5th) :) When I got home the girls were happy to see me. I don't know exactly what L was doing, but she was excited throwing herself about the living room. My husband said when he got her this morning out of bed and she realized I wasn't here she started crying, but soon was okay. I figured it would be a change since I am the one who has gotten up with every morning this summer. She seemed good when I got home and then quickly was VERY attached. I couldn't even get her down for a nap. Anytime she was almost asleep she would wake herself up or if I tried to lay her down she would wake up and just start screaming. So I know she was tired, but I wonder if she was worried that if she fell asleep that she might wake up and I'd be gone again. :(

Yesterday my dad, grandma, the girls and I drove up to Dresser, WI for a surprise 50th anniversary party for my aunt and uncle. They were so surprised which was great and it was nice to see some of my cousins I haven't seen forever and to see all our kids together was neat. We all used to be so close and together all the time and then I think getting married, people moving away, having kids, and having are own lives....we just don't have the drive enough to stay in touch always. Thank god for Grandma. She keeps us all up to date on what everyone else was doing. Anyway, I was so excited for this party just because my aunt and uncle are fabulous people. They just have always rolled through their life with love, friendship, and laughter. I have never heard a sharp word between them. They just genuinely love eachother, love life, and love their family. The best part is that they have passed this on to their kids. I hope I am so lucky as to have a 50th anniversary. Coming from a home that had parents that divorced it was always so special to see them and to see that it is possible...not always easy, but possible to be married and be happy. In love even after 50 years. I think they are even more in love now probably then when they first were married. I hope they have many more happy years together.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monkeymama said...

I hope L gets the hang of things soon. It won't be long before she hardly notices when you get home.

When does M start?

12:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home