Thursday, August 24, 2006

One, Two buckle my...no, I guess we'll tie the shoes

Well I am a proud mama this evening. My big M tied her shoes for the first time on her own. I know she's a little old to finally have it down which is partly my fault. I got so scared at the beginning of her kindergarten year because they said at her school....don't send the kids in tie shoes if they don't know how because we won't have time to keep tying them for the kids. So I sent her in velcro. I knew she had to figure it out before the start of 1st grade though. So we haven't gotten too serious about it and now with only a couple weeks left until school we sat down and tried it a couple of nights ago. She got real frustrated and wanted to be done. After a few more tries we decided to put them away for another night. Tonight we brought them out and by the second try she got it!!! Words cannot express how proud I was. I was really surprised by how excited I was. I started crying because I couldn't believe that my little baby (haha!) was tying her own shoes. It really doesn't take much to excite me. :) But I had to make sure to write this down. I am going to miss hanging around with the girls when I go back to work, but I guess it will be nice to be around adults again too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home