Sunday, August 06, 2006

Stommy Ache

So it's again been a while since I've written. Before I get into the area I want to write about I have to explain why I have stommy ache for my title. Driving home the other night from my dad's Lil' L was just crying away and so I said to her that it was okay and maybe she just had a stomach ache to which M said "Yeah it's okay you probably just have a stommy ache". Which if you think about it...why do we call it a tummy ache and not a stommy ache?? Now that's a deep thought.

There has been a lot going on, but not a whole lot I wanted to write on. Part of the neverending problem is that we are poor and it gets real frustrating sometimes, but that's just the way my life is. I'm on a harder path because of the choices that I made and now I have to deal with it. After graduating high school and getting my first job and starting college I thought any income was so major that why would I even need college......this is for M and L if you read this down the road....YOU DO NEED IT! But I thought I was wasting a lot of time on money on taking classes when I didn't even really know what I wanted to major in. I just assumed I would take a little break, figure out what I wanted to do and go back. Of course I should have never done that. I ended up pregnant and having to find a place to live. I never saved any money.....(AGAIN! M and L listen up!!! SAVE!) and so my boyfriend and I get an apartment and are forced out into the real world. Well, with that comes those great things called credit cards......until you realize they are not so great if you don't pay attention to how much you are putting on them. So we found ourselves way over our heads in debt and have currently been paying off a four year loan. Part of the loan (the big part) will be over in June of next year and I don't know if it's because we know we are so close that things seem harder or what. We are going to try really hard to save so we can pay all of it off early and then actually start saving, but it is really hard when I have to not go anywhere because we have to not waste the gas on the car because we have to make sure that my husband can have gas to go to work because if we run out we won't be able to afford a fill up. I know a couple of my friends always joke with me that after M was born that they remember me crying and telling them we were so poor I couldn't even afford q-tips. It's a struggle between the needs and the wants. Like I don't wish I could go on a huge shopping spree, but do I wish I were able to buy a pair of shoes or a new pair of jeans more than just once a year! So that gets real hard, but I know we are getting ourselves out of it one day at a time. It's just around the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home