Thursday, July 27, 2006

Say Cheese!!

Well it has been a fun couple of days. Last night M went swimming with the neighbor girl which is sometimes so relaxing for me so I can just spend time with Little L. She used to smile real fast for the camera before she turned one, but now everytime I get out the camera she walks to me instead of staying still. Finally last night though I said "Say Cheese" and she looked at me smiled and said "Cheese". I was blown away. I did it one more time and she repeated it. Of course I say it now and she just smiles. Just as to say..you know I can do it I'm not a circus animal. :)

When M got home I made some popcorn and we watched "Ever After". One of May's favorites is "Pride & Prejudice". I fear with these movie though I will turn her into a romantic just like me. But her all time favorite ones right now are "Walking With Dinosaurs" and "Dragon's World". They were both shown on animal planet and are really good. After watching dragon's a million times the dinosaur one is real interesting. It amazes me how she soaks it all in. I mean when I was a kid I remember liking dinosaurs and knowing a few, but she just knows so much more than I, but I like it because I am learning right along with her. In school the kids were asked what they want to be when they grow and M said she wants to be a paleontologist. May all her dreams be that big!

Today L was a handful. With her teething she just has been off schedule with her sleep and such. She woke up and after breakfast I thought it would be fun to paint. May always enjoys it. L handed me the paintbrush and I asked her if she wanted me to put it in the water and she said "yep." and then when she passed it to me she crossed her arms on the table and started tapping with one of her hands. Just like she was patiently waiting...I could not believe it! I had some finger paints and thought L might enjoy it. Oh she did alright!! She got a big goop on her fingers and ate it. I told her no and then she grabbed another bit and back in the mouth it went so that was enough of painting for one day. She can be so strange sometimes. She for awhile would gnaw on sidewalk chalk. She has not been doing it anymore thank goodness. Later in the day I went into the bathroom and closed the door and I heard her talking to me through the door which even though it was babble I'm sure it was something to the affect of "How dare you shut the door and not let me in!" When I opened the door she just opened her arms wide and continued to babble at me very strongly and I don't think it was anything nice from what her eyebrows were telling me. She is one of a kindl. So she of course fell asleep late in the day so I thought I should wake her up so she would get to bed on time tonight so of course she was not happy when she woke up, but she finally seemed happy this evening and even went to bed on time. It probably helped that my friend Leslie was up here. Another person never hurts. M went swimming again and seems to be getting more daring so I am happy about that. Hopefully next summer we will get her into swimming lessons.

On to other news............My best friend, her husband, and daughter are going to be moving to a mere 3 hours from where we are and I couldn't be anymore happier for them!!! Also I am so excited to know we will have more opportunities to see each other and have our girls play together. I hope all goes well for them !!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Monkeymama said...

"Cheese?" That's great! She's getting so big!

I was so excited to visit you more often, but it wasn't until I read your comment at my blog that I realized that YOU can visit me more now too! Hee hee

10:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home