Saturday, July 01, 2006

So here I sit...

So here I sit in the dark, 1:30 in the morning and am unable to sleep. Seems a recent habit of mine, but at least tonight I started a new book so that occupied some time. Plus it's good. I always am afraid of buying books because you just never know and I really have to like a book to get through it. I hate to try and force myself through it.

It has been a hectic few days here. We got and e-mail yesterday morning, from my husband's aunt saying his grandma had been brought to the hospital because she was having severe pain. Turns out she needs a hip joint replacement. A few years ago she had some real bad knee problems she could hardly walk and so she went to the nearest major hospital which is 6 hours from the little town she lives in and she had surgery on one of her legs. If i remember right they were going to put a metal rod in from the knee down and well the doctor who performed the surgery forgot to put part of the knee back in causing severe infection and destruction of the leg and she eventually had it amputated. (The doctor has since disappeared) She has had a prosthetic leg since then and was fitted to get a new one because the old one was just not working right and well while waiting for that there had been added pressure of her being on the good leg more and that was the side the hip joint was on. They don't want to perform surgery until her new leg is in but for now we heard today she is at home and doing alright. So yesterday we thought we weren't going to go, but now it seems we will. We know she wants us to come but we just want to make sure we are not too much for her right now, but I think we'll head off and play it by ear. She is a dear sweet woman who has been through a lot. She had 5 children and has buried 3. Her faith is everything to her and her strength is amazing. We are excited to see her.

In other news. We had M's birthday party today. She did real well. I think she only asked 3 times if it was time for the party yet. We grilled and visited with here aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. It was real nice. Hot, but we are used to that. She was really blessed with all the things she got. It was a good day. Tonight I just stood in the doorway watching her sleep. I haven't done that for awhile and I just can't imagine that one day she will grow up and not live her anymore. That I won't be able to sneak in for those late night glances. So I think I will try to take advantage of that more often. I used to be able to see her baby face while she slept, but I don't see it so much anymore. She is becoming a little girl. She right now thinks we should move to grandpa's and run a farm. She said that she and I can be the lady farmers and grandpa will be the boy farmer. :) She is such a great kid and I am so lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home