Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Remember to brush and floss daily

Well M had her first dentist visit today....yes I am aware I am a bit overdue. Perhaps it's my fear of the dentist that put it off in the first place. Pain seems to follow me wherever I go. My brother told me about this place they take their kids and it is specifically for kids and is it great! The waiting room has tons of books- a HUGE fish tank and a big brown pole that they basically turned into a tree with butterflies fluttering around and an owl. After about 15 pages of papers to fill out and having to run out to close the trunk of my car (because I let the 1 year old play with the car keys) we went into a room. Automatically M noticed the tv. There is a tv in every room and while the dentist works on their teeth the kids get to watch movies. Why did they not have this when I was kid and why don't they have this for adults??? She did not have her teeth cleaned or anything. They just showed her all the equipment they use to take care of the "sugar bugs". M really enjoy playing with the fake teeth, pretending to brush them and playing with the little mirror thingy they use to look at the back of your teeth. Then the dentist came in and counted her teeth and in a pause I knew what she was going to say...."Already I see it's pretty crowded in there so....." My husband and I both had braces and had known when she was born that we should probably start saving. She reminded us that this might not happen, but right now that's how it looks. She also told us not to worry that she hadn't lost any teeth yet. It will happen. M had a rough time in kindergarten because everyday she was coming home telling us about another classmate that had lost one tooth or more!

At least we know she has no cavities so that's a relief and everyone seems very friendly so I also feel relieved about that. We are to help her floss which M was quite excited about. I flossed hers and then she flossed mine. A little more painful on my end I think, but she did well. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Monkeymama said...

So if she is overdue, when are kids supposed to start going?? I'm glad it went so well!

9:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home