Monday, June 26, 2006

Thank You Jack Kerouac

Well very soon we will be on the road to Kansas. This will be our third trip down there and Lydia's 1st. We are so excited. Things just seem so stressful right now that it feels like once we are on the road we will be in heaven. Although that's until Lydia starts screaming. She hates her carseat. It makes me think of a commercial I saw recently with the song "Don't Fence Me In" playing and the kid is getting buckled into his tub seat and buckled into the high chair and buckled into the car seat and all they want to do is run around! I'm hoping by the end of the trip though she will be enjoying the ride more. Remember the good ol' days of being about to move about freely in the car on trips? My husband seems to think in our next vehicle we should get one with a dvd player and I refuse it. It may keep the kids quiet, but they get enough tv at home. Road trips are about being together in a confined space against your will and being forced to have a good time. Just kidding. But I like the idea of communication and I think that is a factor in many home lives that is absent.

So we are looking forward to going and visiting my husbands grandparents and great-grandma. When M was born there were two more great-grandmas, but they have since passed on. We are thankful Mayme got to meet her great great grandma betty. She was quite the lady. She was the one who told us we better "get going on making another babe."

We leave for the trip next Tuesday and are having a birthday party for M on Saturday so everything is hitting us all at once. Maybe that's why we are looking forward to the vacation so much. haha! There is nothing I love more than being "on the road."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home