Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Kids really do say the darndest things!

It is true! Some of the things M says are just fantastic. My Grandma told me from day one to ALWAYS write them down because I wouldn't remember. I used to think...how I could I forget?? But you know what? A person does. M had her friend Grace over. She is our neighbor and she is the same age as M. It's awesome because we have a wire fence between our yards and the girls just simply crawl under to visit eachothers houses. Whenever one is leaving a house they walk the other to the fence and wave goodbye.

ANYWAY, the girls were playing outside and Grace ran into the house and told me I had to come and look at something right away! As it turns out a baby bird had fallen into the window well. It looked like it was a baby and I think it might have not learned how to fly yet and fell out of the tree. (Seems to be happening a lot around here). So I went down to the basement to see if I could get it to fly up. The girls stayed outside watching from above. So I open the window and the bird starts squawking at me and trying to fly. Which of course the girls take off running and screaming because they think the bird is coming right their way. So they run into the house and tell me how sacred they were. M turns to Grace and says "I was so scared I almost had a heart attack." To which Grace said "You were attacked by the bird??" M said, "No, I didn't get attacked". Grace replies "But you said you had a hard attack." It was great!! I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home