Thursday, July 20, 2006

Off to the city

Well I know it's been a long time since I've written. Our trip went well and we were so glad we went. Two days after we returned we found out that my husband's grandmother was taken to the hospital. She was found unconscious by a neighbor who keeps in close contact with her. Apparently Grandma S had been working outside all day and seems she got dehydrated plus with all the pain meds she is taking for her hip and leg may have gone awry with her being in the sun. She is currently awake and able to hold down food. It looks like she may be going into the nursing home for awhile just so she isn't pushing herself. We hope she is healed and home soon!!

Today I tooks the girls up to the cities to see my brother and sister-in-law's new house. They've been there since January, but I haven't gotten up there yet which is really sad since it's only a couple of hours away. I am not used to driving in the cities and am not a fan of doing it, but I firgured I have the summer off and that I should get up there! The drive up went well. Not a lot of traffic. I have driven in Seattle,Denver,Kansas City, but the cities is the worst. I almost got rear ended twice. One person had to drive off onto the shoulder to avoid hitting me and another person swerved into another lane. You really do need to keep your eyes open. I was happy to be home. It was a good trip though. My niece is growing up so fast, but that always seems the case when a baby comes along. My nephew who was born March 9th weighs 1 pound less than my daughter who is a year older. He is a good eater!! Absolutely adorable they both are. Big cousin L and M play real well together and my little L was always close following them wherever they went. It was so cute to watch my L because she was IN LOVE with little boy cousin L.T.. The minute he woke up from his nap she was right there wanting to touch and hug. Just so excited to see him! I don't know if it's because she has a baby doll she plays with or what, but seeing that I find myself thinking maybe it's not too early to have another one, but I don't think L would quite understand sharing at this point when it comes to Mama. But I think she will be a good big sister like M though....down the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home