Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Oh those days I remember

So it's not easy being a girl. I'm sure guys think it's not easy being a guy, but I definently think girls have a harder time. Today Grandma S came over to see the girls and we went out for lunch and when we came back M wanted to go play with Grace. I told her she could go over there, but only for about 15 minutes since we had a few more errands to do. She came back in time and when I met her at the door she all of the sudden broke down in tears. Trying to get her to explain what happened while crying was a mission of it's own, but what happened was when M was over there it turns out that a couple of the other neighbor girls were invited to go swimming with Grace's family, but not M. I am not even sure if that's what the story is since at 6 they don't always pay attention. So M was crushed and her feelings were hurt because all the others were going swimming and not her. I tried to explain to her that she has gotten to go swimming a lot this summer with Grace's family and maybe they wanted to take the other girls to be fair. Also I tried to tell her that just because she didn't get invited doesn't mean they don't like her, didn't want her along, or wouldn't invite her ever again. Oh she was so upset and I just think about how that feels when you are so little. When a group of girls are doing something and it seems you are the ONLY one not invited. What the hack am I saying...it still hurts to feel excluded. It broke my heart, but I did my best to make her feel better. We ran over to my mom's because she is having a shed party on Friday night and my husband wanted to move his car out of there. The real nice thing was when we came back we drove my Grace's house and M said "There are the girl's all getting ready. You're right mom. It's going to be okay and I will get to go swimming another time" I felt so relieved. Plus it's nice to hear that I'm right since sometimes she likes to tell me the way she thinks things are. Yesterday we went to the park for a bit and then it just got too hot so I told her we had to go and she really didn't want to, but once we got in the car she said "Whew mom! You were right it was hot out there". So right now I'm feeling pretty good. So M and I talked some more when we got home and decided we'd have a girl night. Make some cookies, have some popcorn and watch some movies. We played some animals and later are going to read books and I am going to sleep in her room tonight. It was real nice because L fell asleep at 5:30. I hope she makes it through the night, but she has been sooooooooooooooo crabby. I think it's teeth...I hope it's teeth and not tantrums. I have to get back to the movie. Hope everyone has a good week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Monkeymama said...

Such a sweet post! It's nice to read about how close you and M are and how she does really pay attention to what you are saying (most of the time)! :)

11:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home