Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Country Roads, Take Me Home

So today was a good day. I am so glad the heat has died down. I can go outside and breathe again. The girls and I went over to my dad's and just hung around there for a few hours. Since his home is further off the road they can run around and do what they want...gives me a break too. Plus I just like being there. It's home and it's soothing. Time feels like it standing still when I am there. We drew with some sidewalk chalk, played some badminton and then we went upstairs. I have been telling my dad for the last three years I am going to clean out all of my stuff, but the minute I start going through it all I know it is going to take a LONG time to go through. Since my ten year reunion is coming up I brought out a couple of my yearbooks. They were fun to go through...more fun than I thought. I really wonder what some of my classmates and some that were in classes above or classes below me are doing now. And just thinking about what great friends I had in school. When we got home I mowed the lawn, got supper ready for my husband before he had to leave for work, and then the girls and I went outside to play. M and I were swinging on the swingset out back and she said to me "Mom, if you were a kid you would be my best partner!" My heart melted. I told her too that I had no doubt that if I were kid she and I would be best friends. When we were at my dad's she saw my guitar and asked if she could play....I need to get some new strings put on (Have needed to do that for about 5 years now) and anyway, I told her when she gets a little older she can take lessons. It was cool to see how much that excited her. She found an old toy guitar of mine so we brought that home and we were watching Rockstar:Supernova (Basically because all the guys are from my favorites metal bands of the 80's) and she said she absolutely loved Tommy Lee because his tattoos were cool and then she rocked out on her toy guitar to every song. I don't yet know if that should worry me or make me proud. haha! She's definently a lot like her mama!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home