Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The weekends are rolling by

Well not too many weekends before I will be starting back to work. School starts two weeks from today. I have had such a great summer that I am okay with returning. M is very excited to start 1st grade. Especially since her best friend Ryan will be in her class.

This weekend my dad took myself and the girls to the fair. We didn't get a chance to go last year so M was very disappointed and was very much looking forward to going this year. She is so going to be a daredevil I think. I wish her dad would have been there because he's really good on rides. I don't know what makes a difference for me but sometimes I can be on rides and have no issues while on a different day I can get so sick. The first thing M wanted to do was a pony ride. That's what she remembered the most from when she was 4. I wasn't sure how the day was going to go because once she was done on the pony ride she was acting like she was not going to get off. I convinced her. Normally she doesn't refuse things, but she gave in. Then she went on ride after ride after ride. One ride she went on was the "crazy bus". Which I don't know why I didn't think about asking her if she for sure wanted to go on it. It's like the screaming eagle. it swings back and forth until it swings way up in the air. I never thought about her being scared of heights and thank goodness she enjoyed it. Then it was onto the bungee trampoline. The only reason I allowed her to go was because I saw kids her age and smaller doing it, but I still was nervous and asked her about 8 times before she went to make sure she really wanted to do it. I told my dad I didn't know if it was crazy that she wanted to do it or crazy that I was letting her do it. It seemed to think it was the latter. Once it was done and over with she said she liked it. She said when she would go up and then come down her tummy would feel a little strange. She also said she was a little cautious at first, but then it was fun. The things she says. We were there for about 5 hours, but it still didn't seem like enough time for her. L did good which was a plus too. She liked looking at the animals.

Sunday it was my ten year reunion - family picnic. It was a gorgeous day and I was so thankful that one of my best friends was there otherwise I probably wouldn't have gone. It did make me wish I could have gone the night before to the dinner, but now I know that I (think) want to go to the next one. Things don't change much. I thought it was funny how many people married the people they were dating in high school. There's nothing wrong with that, but I just think sometimes that those who do that and stay in the same town ...that things for them never do change. I don't know if that sounds horrible or not, but it's not meant too. It's not like I went far away from home. haha! But it was nice to find out what everyone is up to these days. Doesn't seem possible it's been ten years. I still feel like I'm 18.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home