Tuesday, October 17, 2006

X marks the spot

You may ask yourself why they late hour of writing. I am not going to go into too much detail except to say M is sick and I think I cleaned up the worst mess that can come along with that. I have had it all happen. Dirty diapers when she was sick, watching her throw up, cleaning up throw up, being thrown up on, but tonight was that worst. I will just stop there. Sometimes motherhood is not so magical. :) So I am currently doing laundry and thought I would write a little.

It's been a good two days of work. I can't complain working for the school system. I get to enjoy days of with M and L. M said last week that she wants to be just like me when she grows up and that she wants to do what I do and work at my school with me. Then the next night I believe she told me she wanted to be a doctor, a zookeeper, and a teacher. So she's definently keeping her options open which is good. L is using please a lot more. I bought M a book called Please, Puppy, Please. The first time I read it I thought this will be great since it is pretty repetitive and thought it would be better for L. So now when I ask L to say please she will say "Please puppy." We have a little to work on I guess. But at least she's saying please. She also learned the word "spot". M told me she was saying that word, but it didn't click until I saw M get off of the couch and I hear L as she was scurrying over to wear M had been sitting all the while saying "spot. spot." Once she got to M's spot she looks around to see if she can see M and says "Spot!". I think M has told her enough times to stay out of her spot. So she is picking up on quite a lot. I have to remind M not to get to wild because everything that she does L feels she can do too, but just doesn't realize she's not big enough yet. We also started with the word "again". She brought me over "Red Hat, Green Hat" and as soon as I finished reading it she handed it back to me and said "again". I believe we read it about 8 times. So, a new favorite I would say.

Tonight my dad came over and I had Frank Sinatra on so we were all dancing having a good time and my dad danced with the girls to "The Way You Look Tonight" which was so special. I wish I would have had it on tape. I wish I knew how to dance better because we occasionally have been watching Dancing With The Stars and so M always wants me to flip her around and stuff when we dance. Something to put on a list to do later I suppose.

Yesterday morning my dad called me and told me that my grandma's last sibling passed away. He was 91 and was pretty much blind and deaf, but still living on his own. My grandma is so strong and said it's hard when it comes, but she thought it was for the best. I just can't imagine being the only one left in the family. Parents and siblings. Even if you are 88 I am sure you miss those days long ago. Good grief has this not been the most random blog ever? I apologize for an spelling errors or anything that doesn't make sense. I can use the excuse that I am just tired. Off for a few days so I'll hopefully have something to write about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monkeymama said...

M sounds like such a cute big sister!

Beck always signs, "more food please" when I remind her to say please for anything. I guess we need to work on that!

11:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home