Monday, December 11, 2006

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Well here it is almost the end of another month and I have hardly written at all!! I cannot believe Christmas is almost upon. I am really missing the snow. We may get our chance at a snowstorm at Thursday so I am hoping. I have a few more presents I could get, but am otherwise done. It's hard because May is so easy to by for that I find things all over, but I wanted to keep the girls down to a few gifts each. A game, a book, and a toy. We are getting them a kitchen though to share. I always wanted one and now that I have kids I want them to have one. I've been holding on to it since October so I will be real excited when they can open it. Things are going good here. From the last time I wrote I celebrated my 29th birthday. I went out that evening with dad and grandma for supper. It was just real nice and quiet. I got many birthday wishes...quite a few before my birthday, but that was okay. My mom seems to always hit it a day early or late. It's quite funny. I always love birthday greetings, but the most are from those I've known the longest. There's just something about a letter, e-mail, or card from an old friend. :)

The same week as my birthday Mayme lost her second tooth. So now she is missing her two front bottom teeth. She was so excited because this one she lost at school and she actually had it. She bit into an apple and when she pulled it away she saw her tooth right there on the apple. She brought home a sheet of paper the other day saying that the kids are going to do a week of roller skating for PE and so we needed to sign a consent for a pay for rental of skates. I told her she could as long as she promised not break anything. Please say a little prayer for the first week of January. That's when they will be doing this. I actually think it's pretty cool. We had a little Christmas dinner tonight with a couple of friends and Mayme was so excited to receive a hat that looks like a dragon's head. She hasn't taken it off since she got it. Lydia got some cute clothes and I was shocked to see one of the articles of clothing is actually trademarked with the name Lydia Jane. I never knew. So it's nice that the outfit is already labeled for her. Tonight Mayme was talking about how she was wearing slap jacks and my friends looked at me and asked what those were. I asked May what she was talking about it and she was talking about Long Johns. Long Johns and Slap Jacks...easy mistake. It was quite funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home