Saturday, January 06, 2007

Nana in the Shoe and Elep-hants

So I am enjoying this being organized deal. I am going with it for as long as I can. So far I have been able to be caught up....at least on the things I want to be caught up on. haha! I find I do all the main things around the house and then find I have nothing left that , okay, nothing left that I want to do and then I find I get bored and lazy. So I am tyring to keep the momentum going. I am at least feeling good that I am able to find time to write on here.

Last night Lydia asked me for a banana and I gave her a piece. The next thing I heard coming from the other room was "Mama, come look!" I went into the bedroom and Lydia pointed and said "Nanas in the shoe". Yes, she had stuffed her banana in her shoe. I am remembering old memories of such things happening with Mayme and I should know better than to let my 1 year old run around with any kind of food, especially into another room...Yet I still finding myself doing it. I find it gives us a continuing reason to destroy the carpet so we can get new carpet 15 years from now. I swear.

Mayme was reading a book about Noah's Ark last night and I've been trying to tell her that when she has trouble sounding out a word to look at the picture. Well one page had a picture of 2 elephants and that's what it said on the page. "Two elephants" yet it was so interesting to hear her say Elep-hants. I corrected her and she looked at me like I was crazy and said "but there's no f in there". So that was pretty cute. After Lyd went down Mayme and I had our movie night. We watched Pirates of the Caribbean 2. We have watched this movie before. I keep it quite edited for her. Last night she was truly a six year old. She just kept asking question upon question up question. It was a lot of fun though. Except for the fact that we had popcorn and our floor looked like the bottom of movie theatre floor by the time we were finished.

Today has been much laughter. The girls wrestling with eachother. I can see Mayme looking at Lydia more like someone to have fun with now than a pain...which I think she felt for awhile. It makes me long for more of that. We were hoping to try for a another baby this year, but after much deliberation it seems like now would not be the right time. So it looks like another couple of years. Lydia is a lot more needy I find than Mayme ever was. I have discussed with Paul that I just don't know if having another one right now would help her calm down on some of her emotional stuff or make her more irritated. I grew up with a crazy brother who is fine now, but always wanted kill me (and my friends) as we were growing up. I just get visions of that for some reason. So I think she needs some more mommy-daddy time to secure her. Plus we don't have a vehicle that would fit three car seats so after my previous blog you see that is another thing to start saving for. I think it makes me feel more comfortable too. Just for the fact that by that time Lydia will be 4 and starting preschool in the fall and so she will be able to be out and about without a baby at home all the time. And Paul will get a break too. 3 will probably be it for us. I have probably mentioned before that I always wanted to have 4 by the time I was 30....not going to happen. (Unless it's twins and I were to get pregnant next Jan or Feb..) I am kind of excited about waiting to because I am going to turn 30 in December and really want to be able to celebrate. Basically drink, yes. It's funny how I always thought 4 kids for sure, but at one time thought 6. Then I had one and that number for sure stayed at 4. Then we had Lydia and then I thought for awhile two was good. :) I do want another one though and if it happens then I want that easy labor they say that happens the second time around that I never got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home