Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Snowy Days

This morning I was very surprised not to see a two hour delay or closing. The snow was coming down like crazy. I headed out early and visibility was so bad and the road was covered so I couldn't see the lines. It was vary strange because for the most part of my drive I was the only one on the road. I usually pass several school buses on the way, but did not see one. I called Paul to see if Mayme got on the bus okay, but after waiting outside for 20 minutes and no bus they went back into the house. Paul called the school and they said the bus had gone in the ditch. Once the bus got out the school called back Paul to let him know, but by the time he hung up the bus was at the end of the driveway and just slowed down and drove by. Never stopped. So we kept Mayme home. Paul was waiting for his mom (Who gets very nervous in bad weather) because she was coming to watch Lydia and Lydia was still sleeping so he didn't want to head out. By 11 they had changed our snow totals from 1-3 to 3-6. I bet if they would have said that at the beginning that we wouldn't have had school. Oh well. The kids were all hoping for an early out, but the snow lightened up and the sun came out.

Right now we are watching Raffi Live video I got at the library. Lydia doesn't really care for it, but Mayme is really liking it. I am going to go and enjoy it with the girls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home