Saturday, February 17, 2007

What Happened to My Baby?

I feel like writing in purple today. I don't know if that will be how it comes across. If only I could get pictures to come up then I would put up Lydia's new haircut. We have been putting it off for awhile now. She was okay with us putting hair clips in, but they never seemed to stay in for long. Do to her scarring and how her hair grew back after he surgery there was no way I would have tried to cut it on my own. I am happy with how it turned out, but I was amazed to see how much she changed just with a hair cut. She just looks like a little girl. I also see that she looks a lot more like Mayme than I thought. They were sitting on the couch by eachother facing the same way and it was just crazy how much they looked alike. The week went by really slow it seems, but it was nice to have Valentine's in the middle of it. I have never gotten so many Valentine's from the kids. It made me feel like they don't all think I'm an ogre. haha! Paul bought me a necklace that has the letter J on it. I had one about 7 years ago and it was my favorite, but it broke off and I never found it and I couldn't order it from the place I had before. He also came to my work bringing me flowers. I am pretty sure this is the first Valentine's he's given me flowers. It was funny because I try not to get into the whole thing. Flowers will just die anyway, but walking into the office throughout the morning and seeing all the flowers I have to admit there was a part of me that was hoping I would walk in and there would be something there for me. So it was a real nice surprise. We didn't celebrate until Thursday night with the girls. Thought it would be less busy. Plus they got the added bonus of getting their flu shots. With a few cases of children dying from the flu we thought that it was stupid to not get them the shot. Lydia was not too happy with us. I was hoping they would give Mayme the shot first so Lyd could see it, but they wanted to do Lydia first. She had fallen asleep on the drive in and then it was freezing cold outside so not only did I have to wake her up from a nap, then I had to carry her in through the cold, and then she gets a shot on top of that. She was very happy when we went to eat afterwards and got out of the doctors office. Now I have a three day weekend which is already going by too fast. We don't have any big plans. Paul is working mandatory OT again tonight, but then is free until Wednesday night so I am ready for that. He deserves a break too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home