Friday, April 27, 2007

Do We Ever Grow Up?

This has been one of the longest weeks of the whole school year I think. We are growing weary of the children and them of us, but not only us there are some issues going on amongst coworkers and it just made me wonder.....do we ever grow up? We have a couple of people who I work with that absolutely do not get along and they are to the point that they don't even care who knows and are complaining to anyone and everyone about what they hate about the other. Now so far I have been able to stay out of it, but I hear from everyone else what is being said. Well, yesterday was just a rough day in general. During testing I had some kids from special ed. and they just couldn't settle down and pay attention and then it was wet so trying to keep the kids out of the mud was a chore. I had one kid who just would not walk around the mud and got in my face about it and I lost it and gave him the what for. He did walk around and so did several others who knew I had reached my limit. I am normally very laid back and patient with the kids so they know if they've pushed me too far. Then I get back to my room and overhear two of my coworkers putting down another coworker, behind their back. This person they were making fun of, they have never liked and she actually was told she was being cut from her position so of course these ladies were happy about that. I just sat at my desk wishing I could say something, but not daring enough to do so and I just thought.....these were the girls I hated in high school.....and I am out of high school right?? How did they follow me into adulthood?? Then I stayed late to work and one of these ladies caught me and immediately started telling me all that she hated about the other one and what she couldn't stand and what she couldn't do right. I had had enough! I just walked away. I was so glad today was Friday. God must have known I had enough because today went very smooth.

Tonight was Mayme's last dance performance. I was a little sad, but I can see she isn't excited about dancing. She enjoys it, but it's not her thing. We found our spots to sit down in the gym and she was running around with the girls and then I hear this boy calling her name. It was one of her classmates. Then I see her run over to this other boy who is older. Maybe 3rd or 4th grade? I can't see what he looks like, but he has long shaggy hair and a plaid shirt. She goes over and visits and then runs off and does some cartwheels. Soon enough she is back over talking with him. Who is he? Paul thinks I'm crazy trying to see who it is, but also we see her little face light up talking to this boy and we know she will be a heart-breaker. So after her performance I asked her who she was talking to. She told me he was the penny boy. Now I have heard this name come up several times because she has seen him when she leaves school. I asked her once what his name was and she said "i don't know his name i just call him "penny boy" because he took a penny from me once", but it's a joke thing because they will talk and wave to each other. Anyway, am I nosy? Yep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home