Wednesday, May 09, 2007

18 Days!

Well we are under the 20 day mark for work. This week has been going really fast which is a blessing considering last week seemed like it last forever. It amazes me at how many kids I have asked how many days are left and they don't know. That just seems like odd behavior. Yesterday I had my first real mommy freak out. I pick up May everyday after school and she meets me in the lunchroom. Her class is usually the last one to be excused so I am used to waiting for her. I waited and waited and waited and I actually had a teacher ask me where she was and I told her I was wondering the same thing. I walked to her classroom and her class was gone. My main concern was that maybe she had been put on the bus or of course you think maybe kidnapped (although that's way in the back of my head). Her teacher is on maternity leave right now and I was afraid maybe she was told to go on the bus. That would have not been the worst thing in the world, but it was thought of not knowing where she was that was startling me. I walked to the office to have the radio the bus to see if she was on there, but before I got to ask , Mayme and Ryan came running in and laughing and I just stopped her and said "Where have you been?!" Mayme looked me and smiled and said they had been playing. I said "It's not funny! I didn't know where you were!" then I proceeded to grab her hand and walk her out to the car. Mayme was crying and Ryan knew I meant business because he walked out quite quietly. I did not yell I just asked May to get into the car and then she could explain to me what happened. What happened was that her sub took the kids outside at the end of the day and then she decided to put everyone on the bus first and then let the others go. So I found out it was no ones fault which made me happy , but also I was glad that I heard here out before I started into her. I just was also relieved that I knew where she was. Tonight Lydia told me her first lie. I got her started on brushing her teeth and I left the water running while I ran upstairs to get her p.j.'s. When I came back down her hair was all wet and I went to take away her toothbrush and she started screaming "No, brush teeth, brush teeth!" and I said "You were not. How come you hair is all wet then" and without a pause she looks at me and said "I don't know". I so wish I would have had a video camera because it was so cute. Otherwise things are going good here. I think we have the house issues all figured out and we seem on track again. Tomorrow we have grandparents day at Mayme's school and her choir concert. I always loved grandparent's day and am excited all of May's grandparents will be there. May will be over before we know it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home