Friday, August 10, 2007

I'm A Barbie Girl and I Never Knew It

I have always hated the Barbie Song, except for the German version, just because I thought that was funny, but today it came on the radio and Mayme and I both just started singing it out and moving around. I apparently must have listened to it enough to remember some of the lyrics, but it's pretty repetitive that it didn't take long to learn them anyway. Mayme apparently had heard it in her dance class. She just learned that Ken and Barbie were actually named after the children of the people who started the Mattel company. So she finally made the connection about this being Ken and Barbie.

I didn't do to much today. I went in and grabbed some groceries. It was so hot just walking from the car to the building. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and I pray so. When we got home I walked on the treadmill which was like torture. Walking on the treadmill to music I can do, but I don't have headphones so I just turn the stereo on, but the girls wanted to watch a movie. That will be the last time I try to do that. I just kept looking and looking at the clock.

Mayme got to go swimming tonight with our neighbor girl and she said she had a great time. Lydia and I had our own movie night. I have been going back on forth on whether or not if now is the right time for a baby. Just a lot of factors in both directions and I want to choose the right one, but I don't know what the right one is. I asked Lyida though if she'd like a baby brother or sister and she got so excited and said "yes, yes!" You'd be a good helper too, wouldn't you? I asked. She again said yes, yes and then took off running for the door. "C'mon mama let's go, let's go" I asked her where we were going. "Go have baby mama. Mama have baby." If only it were that simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home