Sunday, July 08, 2007

4th of July

Well the last few days have been kind of busy. We kicked things really off with the Fourth of July. It was a steamy morning and so we knew it was going to be hot! We had to hike about 4 blocks once we got in my hometown for the parade, but luckily we were able to sit with a friend and her family otherwise it's a pain to try and figure out where to sit. So it was really nice to have some people set up and we could sit by them. It was just a lot of fun even though it was indeed hot. The parade didn't last that long, but May sure got a lot of candy. I couldn't believe it. It seems the last few parades we've gone too that each vehicle may throw out 1 or 2 pieces of candy, but they were throwing them out by the handful. The girls had a good time. After the parade we hiked back to the car and tried to drive to the other side which normally would take about a minute and a half, but it took us close to half an hour due to traffic. We stopped in at my grandma's because my aunt and uncle were down for the parade. It was nice to visit with them. I don't think I've seen them since their anniversary party last August. My dad was there too. It was funny because we were sitting outside and May was just talking up a storm with my aunt and my dad reached over and said "You can see the change in her already" referring to her hearing. It's true. She has just been talking nonstop and I think that is because she has the tubes in that now she can hear so she actually join in the conversation. It was pretty neat. We left close to 6 and came home. Lyd fell asleep right away in the car. When we got home I put her on the bed and both my husband and I caught a little nap as well. Lyd woke up at 8 which was great because we wanted to head back into town for fireworks. It's always special to go in for fireworks basically because it's tradition. I go to my best friends parents house and even through all her college years and moving in several different states over the last 11 years that has almost always been the guarantee when I am going to see her. It was special this time because she, her husband, and daughter left yesterday for New York. They are off on a new adventure and I am so happy for them although I am going to miss them dearly since they have been a mere three hours away. I have been blessed that I live near by the grandparents so I have been able to visit with her when she has come to visit. It's just a new chapter for them and I am excited for them. It was nice to visit with them before they headed out. She is pregnant and it hit me when we left that the next time I see them there will be one more. It was one of the best Fourth of July's ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home