Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Reason Why...

So I realize now why I can't sleep at night. I came to this realization after a two hour nap this afternoon. I have been doing that lately since I am up throughout the night to give Mayme her medicine, but I can see how the nap might, just might, be part of the problem. I am tired of giving May her medicine at night because she is so out of it. It takes a good couple of minutes for her to if realize what is going on. Last night I told her she had to take her medicine and she kept rolling away from me. Finally she said all right and she rolled over like she was going to go off the bed and she picked up two dinosaurs off the floor and handed them to me. I then told her, again, that she needed to take her medicine and she rolled off the bed, got another dinosaur, went into the bathroom and sat down on the toilet lid. She then stood up and drank the medicine and went back to bed. She doesn't remember any of it. A couple of weeks ago it was really hot so I came down to sleep and by morning both the husband and Mayme were downstairs as well. Mayme came to me in the morning and asked her who brought her downstairs and it hadn't been either one of us. I find it fascinating yet scary at times that she can not remember that. I wonder if Lydia will be that way too. She already is talking in her sleep too. My husband said he heard her in the middle of the night saying "No, Mayme! MINE! MINE!" This early this morning Mayme woke me up and was crying. She had a nightmare about me being in jail. So I tucked her in and laid with her until she fell back asleep.

Today it was extremely HOT! I had to run over to my dad's so the girls came with. I asked Mayme if she would ever want to live there and she said "Yeah, but we'd have to paint it first." She said that someday she wants to live there and take care of cows. Yup, she's mine. :-)
We all took naps when we got home and then before we knew it the evening was here. It did rain, but nothing feels any cooler.

In other news, a friend of mine accidentally left her YAHTZEE hand held game here and she said I could hold on to it until we meet up again. I'm addicted. I've come within 11 points of breaking the highest score. Probably another reason for my lack of sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home