Friday, June 22, 2007

Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed?

Well since Tuesday it's been like musical beds. I have been sleeping with May in our spare bedroom at night and Lydia has been sleeping in her crib, but during the day my husband comes home and sleeps in our bed, while May moves to the couch, Lydia naps in the spare room and I found myself sleeping in May's bed in her room just to be alone. It is funny too think we don't have enough space. Or feel like there isn't. I have now navigated to the couch at night while May sleeps in the spare bed. I can only handle so many nights on it.

Lydia let me take 3-4 pictures of her today where she actually stood still and smile. I was so excited....maybe there is hope yet that we will have some pictures of her as a toddler. She seems to be mellowing out with each day plus the fact that she is taking naps helps. She is very quick to see my reaction if it is positive out negative. If it's negative she tends to say she is sorry right away or she says "Come 'er you" while going in for a hug. She knows it's completely adorable. She still is very possesive of me or anything. She will just randomly pick up a toy and ask "mine, mama?" or just say "mine!". I just try and be as patient as I can with her. She has for the last week at the table singing "That's Elmo's World". Just at eating time. I am not sure why.

First thing this morning she wanted to watch Toy Story. Mama, I love Woody she would say. I felt like a crabby mom today because for the first time Mayme was full of energy all day and she was being quite naughty. I walked into the toyroom to find her in there and she makes it soooo obvious when she does something she knows she shouldn't be doing. I should try to not point things out to her because eventually she will catch on to what not to do, but Lydia got a wand for her birthday and Mayme peeled of the glittery paper and broke it two. I then told her I didn't think she needed any presents since she doesn't take care of anything she has....to which she replied. Well, it's Lydia's toy not mine. I calmly walked out and about twenty minutes later she figured it out and apologized. I also just got tired of telling her to slow down and rest. I am glad she is feeling better though. It's been hard with my husband working and now he is finishing up his regular shift tonight, taking on the next 4 in OT and then will have his scheduled three to work. I am paranoid about taking May anywhere because I don't want her to get a cold or sick. So I feel a bit trapped, but tomorrow my friend Leslie is going to come and visit, and I think Sunday, Lydia and I will go over to my dad's to celebrate his birthday with my brother and his family. Plus it won't be forever! I am now going to get some rest. May gets her meds every four hours so I have to be up at 1. The couch calls to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home