Thursday, June 21, 2007

What Day Is It??

Boy it seems like a whirlwind since I last wrote and her I am with only a few days left of June! School is over with and I was so happy to have it be the end. I just hope summer drags on for awhile. I am in no rush. I am really enjoying my time home with the girls.

I had a wedding I was in last weekend and it was really a beautiful wedding. Unfortunately it was a hot and humid day and the wedding was outside. I felt so bad for the guys in their tuxes because they were all just sweating. It was fun spending some time together beforehand with the girls, having a little wine and champagne while we all got our hair done and make up done. I don't feel like any of my friends have changed even though the numbers keep going up. Seeing the way the bride and groom were looking at each other, anyone could tell they were love. I was honored to be a part of it considering there were just about a total of 18 of us all together. After the ceremony and pictures we all followed each other to a couple of bars before the reception. At one of the bars a couple of guys bought all of us a shot. That was pretty neat. When we got the reception I met up with my husband, my oldest, and my dad. Mayme danced from the time the dance started to about 11 before tiring out. The only time she sat down was when they had the dollar dance. It was a really fun night, but man did my feet hurt by the end of it.

Sunday we made breakfast for my husband for Father's Day and then went to visit his mom. She lives in a townhouse and they have a pool. So we all went swimming and just relaxed. Monday morning we too my dad out for breakfast for his birthday. We came home for a bit and then decided to take the girls to see "Surfs Up" to kind of distract us all really and to let Mayme have her last McDonalds' meal for awhile. We called the hospital Monday night and they told us our report time was 11:30 which was surprised about because I thought she would be in earlier. I felt bad for her having to go so long without eating, but she didn't complain. My husband said in the morning May said she didn't know if she could go through with it or not. :( We got to the hospital on time, but she didn't get taken in until 1. Beforehand I got to hold had while talking with the nurse and we watched a video about what was going to happen and then then anesthesiologist came and talked with her explained he would put this mask over her mouth and nose and would be like magic and she would fall asleep like sleeping beauty, but that she would just wake up on her own sine he was fresh out of princes. He also reminded her that in that movie time stopped still for everyone, but in this case time would stand still for her, but not for mom and dad....that that time from her would go to us so it would feel like it would be extra long waiting for her. I felt really comfortable with the guy. He offered to walk her back or else give her a piggyback ride which she of course took him up on. I got to dress up in some scrubs and go back with her until the fell asleep. I felt just reassured and relaxed about it all. My husband and I quick went to grab lunch and brought it back and in about 35 minutes the surgeon called us and told us all went well and that they had taken her adenoids as well. We were told she was waking up and that in a little bit we would be brought back to be with her. We were brought back pretty soon as the nurse said she was getting restless and wanted us. I walked in to see her sitting up with two nurses helping to hold her up and her just crying and saying "I want my mommy". They let me hold her while she was coming out of the anesthesia. She woke up once while I was holding her saying she wanted me while I was trying to tell her I was right there. They took pictures of her tonsils and gave them to us to keep. I was trying to look at them while Mayme was coming out of things and she saw it and started crying saying she didn't like pictures and that it was disgusting. After about 4 hours we were able to leave. Mayme had watched a movie and had 4 freeze pops. We headed home and by the end of the night she was feeling pretty good. I have been sleeping with her downstairs in the spare bedroom. Her moods go up and down...it just goes by how she is feeling. This morning she was throwing up, but it was only a couple of times. She wanted to ride her bike and I am constantly reminding her she needs to take it easy. She also so badly wishes she could eat regular food. Last night she scolded me for eating pizza. Poor kid. Lydia has been doing pretty well staying away from her and being gentle. I also have been getting her down for naps so that helps with the moods. She is such a helper. Toy Story and Monsters Inc have been her favorite movies and I'm glad we hung onto some of our toys from that era. (Like it was that long ago). Right now Lydia is on a time out yelling at me, but I am just calmly and quietly typing and knowing that soon she will be going to be helps too.

So it took me a bit to figure out what day it is, but now hopefully the rest of the summer will go smoothly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home