Sunday, July 01, 2007

Too Funny!

Well I haven't been writing because there hasn't been much going on, but I have been keeping track of a few cute things the girls have been doing. We have been working on Lydia not yelling so much. The other morning she yelled "Get out!" at Mayme and when I reminded her not to yell, she looked at May and said "Get out.....please!" It's a work in progress. We went over to my dad's yesterday. As soon as we pulled in the driveway Lydia yells "Yeah, papa's house!" then quietly says. "I like him." Mayme got to ride the lawn mower. She came over to me with this sad look, gave a heavy sigh and said "Mom, I just wish I could ride the lawn mower again." When I told her that sometime she would be able to, 5 minutes later she was over at Grandpa repeating the same thing. Little actress that one. Grandpa let her mow and once again I had to chase her down from the barn bridge so he wouldn't go off the edge. sigh. While we were there Lydia had a glass of pop and she spilled. I just shook my head, sighed, and said "Oh, Lydia" and Lydia looks at me and says "Lydia Jane". Apparently she knows she gets called that if it's something serious.

Today a friend from high school came by for a visit. I haven't seen her for about 6 years although we've stayed in touch through e-mail. It was nice to catch up on her and her family. After that Lydia and I headed off into town for some birthday shopping. While Mayme has been recuperating we went to the Toys R Us website to look for birthday ideas. I was hoping that because we found things online that we would also find them in the store. Since the last time I was there they have remodeled and everything was easy to find. I found all the items within minutes. Lydia and looked around and she did well. I didn't know how she would do going into a toy store. While we were there we ran across a Woody and Jessie pull string doll set. May had said she wanted them as well. So I decided I would get them for both of them. After about 20 mintutes trying to get each doll out of the box I handed them to Lydia to play with on the ride home. All of the sudden I heard Lydia making kissing sounds. Apparently Woody and Jessie have a romance going on. At one point I asked "What are they doing back there? Playing?" Lydia replied "No, mama, holding hands!". Another romantic in the family it seems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home