Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It's Just A Little More Quiet

Well tonight it's been just a little more quiet. Mayme is spending a couple of nights at her grandma's house and the house is so quiet. Lydia came with me today to take the cat to the vet for her yearly vaccinations and she was such a good girl. (The cat too) The kitty would meow and meow and Lydia would say "It's okay kitty, it's okay. You're doing a good job, good job." We got to the appt. on time, but unfortunately a surgery was taking longer than expected and so they had called in the other doctor so they asked if I could wait. It was fine since I didn't have anything else planned for the day, but it did take 45 minutes to have the cat looked at. Lydia and I occupied our time by talking to the cat and then I let her dig through my billfold and I was spinning change on the floor which she just giggled at. Who knew it was such a big hit. When we got home it was time to make my husband dinner before he had to leave for work and once he left Lydia and I made some cookies. I set her on the counter and she helped pour in ingredients. It was really fun. When May is home I usually let her do it all, but I sometimes forget that Lydia can help with these things too. So we ate some cookie dough while waiting for the cookies to bake. Then of course we had to have a cookie after it was baked too. Then we just kind of hung out together playing. I think it is good for Lydia and Mayme to have their time apart. I was so happy that Mayme gave me a call not too long ago. She told me all about her day. She sounds so grown up on the phone. Tomorrow I sign her up for swimming lessons and then I am going over to my dad's to attempt to clean. I have soooooo much stuff there it is not even funny. I have to go through it though. My grandma is going to come and just watch Lydia while I am upstairs. It is so funny how many times I've gone up and down the stairs in that house without thinking about it, but when you don't do it on a daily basis. Those stairs are kind of scary. No wonder I fell down them all the time as a kid.

Lydia requested to go to bed a half an hour earlier than her bed time so I have been just hanging out. I am in the process of rereading Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix. Since the husband is working 16 nights in the next 2 and half weeks I know I won't get there to see the movie so I thought at least I can refresh my memory. The books are always better than the movies, but I heard this movie was pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home