Thursday, August 09, 2007

Back To Life, Back To Reality

Man that song is old yet that's what popped into my head. Well it has been a rough week. Both Mayme and Lydia caught colds last week and that put them in some ultra crabby moods. There have been some fun things. Mayme got to sing with my mom at a local bar on Sunday so that was fun to watch. Fun to watch my mom sing. I haven't seen her perform since I was a kid. We headed up to the trailer for a few days, but unfortunately the air decided to quit working so we were cooking in a tin box for most of the time. Maybe that's what made us all a little crabby too. Mayme has been obsessed with 300. After I bought the movie and was talking about how much I loved it she asked if when she was 16 if she could watch it or when she was 20. I noticed her in the back seat on the way to river talking about her T-rex and that there were three hundred, but once the T-rex got them there were only 290. :) I gave her a historical account of what happened since she was so inquisitive. Paul had mentioned wanting to go to Greece. His grandfather was from Crete and he was thinking it would be nice to go. Sounds like fun someday when we have money...Only a 14 hour plane trip for a person who doesn't really enjoy the thought of flying. I would like to see parts of Greece, but also would love visiting Ireland, Scotland, London (some things never change) so dreams for the future I guess.

At the trailer I cooked up some frozen pizzas, but my mom doesn't have any hot pads down there so I was using a towel. Lydia came over while I took the pizza out and she was talking to me and saying something about a fire and all of the sudden I found myself looking around wondering why it smelled like something was on fire. I looked down to find the towel on fire. I dropped it and stomped it out, but geez I could have started myself on fire. Lydia kept talking about the fire the rest of the night.

When we got home there was a message on the answering machine from work and they wanted me to come in for a couple hours to help set up so out I went in. It was actually nice to be back. Back around adults.

Lastly, I actually missed my treadmill while we were gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home