Friday, July 27, 2007

One Upon A Time...

We had such a busy week last week. Mayme started with her swimming lessons and successfully finished them. She will be ready to go on to level 2 next summer. There was so much going and it was so hot that I would drop her off and do errands while she was at lessons, but on Friday, Lydia and I stayed and watched her and I was so amazed and proud. She did such a great job. She indeed did look like a little mermaid.

Wednesday I took Mayme to the dentist and Lydia did very well while we were waiting. We would go back and forth looking at the fish and looking at the books. Every time we sat down by the books, Lydia would open one and start by saying "One Upon A Time". She has also started saying "Ladies and Gentlemen" when she's playing. I'm not sure where that came from. When Mayme was done with her appointment the dentist told me that it's time to make an appointment with an orthodontist. Mayme is finally getting her last molar in, but it is coming down with half of it coming down on the tooth next to it. Also her teeth that came in on the bottom came in behind her baby teeth and it is becoming crowded. So looks like we might need to remove some. We knew it was coming, but weren't expecting it so soon.

I am currently pushing my way through Harry Potter. I think it was my down fall that I didn't reread the 6th book to refresh my mind, but I was so eager to start this last one. I have been so paranoid about finding out happens before I got a chance to read it. I am now more than halfway and now the book is starting to pick up the pace and my mind is racing with the possibilities. I have been tired so that is why I haven't gotten through it very fast, but maybe it's partly because I don't want it to end too.

Some of funny Lydia things: She fell down the other day and said "Mama, I falled." It made me laugh because it made me think of "The Land Before Time". Also one day last week when we dropped of Mayme at swimming lessons "Proud Mary" came on the radio. Lydia kept asking "Where is it mama?" Where's Roddy?" The song is played at the end of "Flushed Away" and she was wondering where was the movie if she was hearing the song. When we got home I still had the song in my head so I started singing it while getting her out of the car. I sung "Took a big job in the city" to my surprise I hear Lydia say "working for the man." She makes me giggle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home