Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Teething Blues

So we have the teething blues at our house. Not just for George, but also for me. The poor guys is working on another tooth I think. He has been drooling like crazy and now continues to bite while I'm nursing. It's a viscious cycle because he's looking for comfort, then he bites, then I scream, then he cries and then it starts all over. Tonight the thing that was hard was that I didn't know if Paul had given him tylenol otherwise I would have given him some before bed. With the girls it only took about one time of me yelping for them to stop biting, but I know for him he's not trying to do it, it's just for relief and what can one do, but get out the teething ring, give the tylenol and hope that it comes soon.

All went well with May's teeth extraction today. They put on a movie, gave her some nitrous oxide and she was done in half an hour. I can see why the teeth had to come out. The roots never dissolved so she had the tooth along with the root pulled out. I guess Paul's teeth were that way also. She was a trooper though. I think she was still a little goofy after we left because she was saying some strange things. He lip was still numb so she thought that was interesting. Then we were waiting in line behind a lady at the self check out line at Wal-Mart when she says REALLY loud. "What is that lady doing?!" I was like "What? Who?" She then says again quite loud. "That lady in front of us!" I about died. Mayme just does not do that. I just looked at her and she says "What? I wasn't pointing". Then walking out to the car she was saying "Look at all this trash, trash all over, it's just trashy. It's trashy!" She also forgot she had done her homework earlier this evening as well. I think it's safe now, but just was strange.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monkeymama said...

Poor kiddos - I hope George's teeth come soon. And, it seems like it would be weird to watch you child drugged up. :)

4:31 AM

 
Blogger Nichole said...

Poor May! Tell her her Auntie Nicky had to have 8 teeth pulled when she was a child! (Hm...that seems like a lot. But I think it was approximately that. Oh well. Tell her 8 to impress her more!) Also, tell her Auntie Nicky loves her!!

8:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home