Friday, January 09, 2009

What A Day!

So yesterday when I arrived home from work I thought the house smelled really bad. My mother-in-law sometimes cooks some cooky stuff so I thought maybe that was what it was or else George had horrendous diapers. I was not sure. When I went upstairs later in the evening to my room I was overpowered by this smell again. I realized there was a diaper in our garbage can from who knows when, since we don't use it very often. So I set the garbage outside the room because it was so strong. Later in the evening I just felt sick and just not right. I thought I was coming down with a stomach flu. So this morning I got up, emptied all the garbage cans and put the garbage out. I came back in the house and still could smell "something". I grabbed my cup of coffee to warm it up in the microwave and smelled the odor really strong there. I leaned over the stove to see if anything had spilled and my eyes drifted down to the knobs and I saw that one of them was turned on. Then I knew really fast what the smell was. I called Paul to make sure it was okay to turn it off and got the windows open and fans going. I checked on the kids to make sure they were all right. We figured what happened was that yesterday morning my mother-in-law made breakfast for Lydia and some how she turned it off enough that the flame went out, but then had it was set halfway where the gas was leaking out. So we figured about 22 hours it had been like that. I went to work feeling nauseous going to work and actually ended up leaving work early because of that as well. I contacted my doctor who connected me to poison control. They said we did everything right that we could and to just go home and rest and the side effects should wear off. The kids are doing great. Paul and I think maybe it him me since our room is closest to the kitchen. I don't know, but looking back at the things that could have happened it was quite scary.

So tonight I just hug everyone a little bit more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monkeymama said...

Scary! I'm so glad things worked out like they did!

2:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home