Monday, October 20, 2008

It's Goes Too Fast

So MEA wasn't much fun. Plus it always goes by fast. Myself and the kids were all sick with colds. In a way it was nice because I could rest as much as I needed yet at the same time I had plans to get things done around the house. Oh well. In a couple of weeks my mother-in-law is going on a trip so I will be taking off some days of work to watch the kids. Although I doubt I will get anything done then either. We did have some friends over on Friday night though which was fun. Lydia and Ralph just chat, chat, chat. Lydia usually comes downstairs once a night after I put her to sleep and says she has to ask me a question and then just rambles on because she's not ready for bed. Although Friday night she came down and I asked her what she needed and she says "um, I need to ask Ralph a question." They're pals. Lydia is so cute and I don't know where she learned these things. Like tonight she asked me to read her "The 12 Dancing Princesses". I told her it was too late and she says, but mom please, please, it's my absolute favorite! Or the other night she wanted to sleep with me and I told her no. Then she says, but mom you love me!! I told her that I do love her, but told her she still couldn't sleep with me. Then she says, but you got all that space over there!" She just says these things so cute. She still didn't get to sleep with me though.

Mayme told me this morning her top 3 things she wants to be when she grows up are a paleontologist, an artist and a scientist. Then she said that a scientist and paleontologist were close enough so she was adding a horse trainer to that as well. She is always questioning us and is quite the individual thinker, but never rude about it. I can definintely see a little scientist there. Plus she is really into wanting to build inventions and also started building a teepee out in the backyard. My mom got a new karaoke machine so she was kind enough to not only give us hers, but all her discs as well. YIPPEE! I can't wait to get some disney ones so the girls have a bit more fun with familiar songs. Tonight I sang "In My Daughter's Eyes" and Mayme was being all cozy and it sounded like I was crying (which she never fails to give me a hard time about) and I told her that my nose was drippy and that was all. Then I got to the last verse :

In my daughter's eyes, I can see the future.
A reflection of who I am,
And what will be.
And though she'll grow and some day, leave:
Maybe raise a family,
When I'm gone, I hope you'll see,
How happy she made me,
For I'll be there, in my daughter's eyes.

Which of course I always lose it when listening to that song so I start choking up and finish it up. Then Mayme actually complains that she is starting to tear up and then while trying not to cry she was kind of laughing and then burst in to all out tears and says "I don't like that song. Promise me you'll never sing it again". So of course I start crying even more. Lydia just looked at us and was like let's sing another one!

George is about 5 1/2 months now. He's good at getting around. In the last week he's gotten a hold of two magazines that were on the floor and a dryer sheet. So I am starting to REALLY be more aware of what I am leaving around. I can't believe it's Halloween already next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home