Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Please Don't Ask Me

So please don't ask me why one post of mine is one here 4 times! I blame this ancient computer. Things are going well. George is not sleeping through the night yet, but he is sleeping in the crib very well. Up until last night I could get him to sleep in the crib, but trying to get him back down later after he'd woken up was tricky. Last night though I was able to get him back down real easy with no fuss. It's funny how he can be such a happy baby, but at 7 almost exactly he starts crying and has had enough. So we go upstairs and rock and nurse and soon he's out. I never knew such freedom as I do now and I don't feel so tired. He seems much happier too. It's nice to just put him down and then have some alone time with the girls and tidy up a bit. Plus then I don't feel like I have to do all that while he takes a nap in the daytime. I can take a snooze too.
Yesterday I had an outting with some coworkers and it's the first time that daddy has had to watch him exclusively without me home. I took Lydia along and I just had to laugh because she just talks, talks, and talks. She was asking me if Mary has wings and I said "Mary doesn't have wings, but the angels do. " She replies by saying "Well God has wings". "He does?" i ask. She says "Yep he flies all over". All the way home she was just asking Why this....Why that. Everything I said would get turned around into another why. A future psychiatrist perhaps? : ) I just couldn't stop laughing because it was like "Enough already!" She is wonderful. I love this age. She will walk around. "Mom?" "Yes Lydia?" "I love you". "I love you too" Repeat about 8 million times. Mayme used to do that too. There is nothing more neat I think then having someone say I love you...just to say it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home