Thursday, January 08, 2009

I'm Not Going To Promise

HAPPY NEW YEAR! What I'm not going to promise is that I will write any more frequent in 2009, but I sure do hope too. We surrived the holidays quite nicely. Having a 2 week break gave me such a nice glimpse of summer. We had wonderful gatherings with family. Lydia and I went to church with my Grandma Christmas Day and I was so glad we did. My Grandma's church is the same church I went to growing up and it used to be packed, but my grandma has said the numbers have been declining. It's an old, rural church. There may have been 40 of us all together, but Lydia was the only kid so she got to go up for the kids sermon and open a present that had a cross in it. She then got to hang it on the Christmas tree they had in the church. I was so proud of her. Plus I was relieved....those kid sermons make me nervous because you never know what they will say. Especially Lydia. : ) It's was very strange because I remember the church being so huge when I was little. So now as an adult to sit in there and see how small it really is, is really interesting.

George is 8 months as of yesterday and has just had one busy month. He is now sitting alone, crawling, pulling himself up on everything, clapping, waving, grabbing the cat, trying to eat everything off the floor, and attacking my laundry basket and throwing everything out of it. I thought he teeth were FINALLY coming, but nothing yet.

So Mayme and I are back to work. She got to start roller skating in phy ed today. So again we have the "please don't break anything" talk. She at least asked if she could bring her helmet so that was good.

Lydia had a couple of rough days/nights while getting used to us being gone again, but seems better now. At supper now she likes to pretend that Paul and I are Queen and King Daddy while they are the princesses and then Prince George. She is very dramatic and our jokester which is either going to draw a lot of people towards her or get her in HUGE amounts of trouble. We shall have to wait and see.

I WISH ALL OF YOU A WONDERFUL 2009! (Don't give up on my blog)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nichole said...

So happy to have you back!!

2:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home