Monday, June 28, 2010

The cabin 2010

We had a fabulous time last week up at my sister-in-laws, uncle's, cabin. The kids and I rode up with my mom and step dad on Tuesday and both brothers and families arrived the same day. It was 88 and humid by the time we arrived so the kids and myself were ready for the water. I got into my suit, but wasn't sure what George would think so I walked him over to the steps and the dock, neither of which he wanted to take him to the water. So I went back up and changed again thinking he wouldn't want to get into the water. My sister-in-law managed to convince him so in he went and he enjoyed it so I then got my suit back on and his as well where we got to play. The weather was really great for June. My one brother, Wednesday morning, decided to wait out a fast onset of rain in the lake. We were all waiting for him to get struck by lightning which thankfully did not happen. George did well maintaining his naps and sleeping at night although by the last morning he figured out how to crawl out of the pack n' play. When I heard the loud thump I saw him just sitting on the floor and he looked at me and said "Sorry, mama". So it was a good week with playing games and visiting with one another. I am very blessed as well to have a niece and nephew who loved playing with George and looked after him without me even having to ask. He enjoyed the attention. Lydia caught two fish which she was really excited about. It was different this year for May. She has always been so close with her oldest boy cousin, but this year she spent most of it with her oldest girl cousin. She wants to get together with her and get dressed up and go to a movie or shopping. That does not sound like my tom boy girl, but maybe somethings are changing. It was a fun time, but we were happy to be back at home in our own beds and to have George in his crib which he hasn't figured out how to crawl out of....yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home