Friday, June 18, 2010

2 Fast

So tonight I had an experience with an all too fast two year old that I don't want to go through again! George was on the couch watching "Curious George" and I was in the kitchen starting to make some taco dip when I realized I had put too much ground up red pepper in so I went to the sink to try to scrape some of it out and when I turned around there was George grabbing the red pepper off the counter and as I went to grab it he dumped it all over his face. He immediately started screaming as he got a huge amount in his right eye. I scooped him up and put him in the sink and started pouring water into his eye trying to get out what I could which only made him scream an fight me more so I tried just getting a washcloth wet to cover his eye and he still was screaming. He couldn't even open his eye and I was freaking out wondering if trying to rinse it out was enough or if he was going to go blind. I started thinking what if he has an allergic reaction and I destroy his vision forever. I got him into the tub and continued to fight him to try and get his eye flushed out. Even though it was a matter of 5-10 minutes after it began he had exhausted himself out and couldn't keep his eyes open. Even as I tried to talk to him and help him he would still say "Thank you mama". We curled up in the bed because I figured at that point him just keeping his eye closed would help the most. He would periodically wake up a bits of pepper would come out of his eye. Finally after a nap his eye was red, but he at least could have it open. I was about ready to douse my eyes with the pepper I felt so bad. By bedtime he was happy and his eye was back to normal.

Make sure you all keep your spices away from the edge of the counter when little ones are around.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nichole said...

Oh, poor George! :-( Glad all turned out okay.

10:03 AM

 
Blogger Lucky Cracker said...

No kidding. I don't want to be the one to blame for him going blind!

3:32 PM

 
Blogger Monkeymama said...

2 year olds are too fast for their own good! How scary!

8:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home